Each session has set fees based on the number of weeks classes run. If you plan to register more than one child, we offer a $15 sibling discount per additional child. Payments can be made online through your Amilia account. Cash or cheque registrations must be made in person at Kanata. All classes must be paid in full with the required Bingo/Fundraiser bond (cheque or credit card authorization form) before your gymnast will be permitted to participate.
Alberta Gymnastics Federation Fees
All Kanata participants are required to be registered members of Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF). This ensures they are insured while participating in any activity related to our club. AGF fees are paid once yearly and must be renewed every September. AGF fees are valid from July to June of the following year.
A surcharge of $10 will be added to all NSF cheques and re-payment must be made in full and in cash before your child’s next scheduled class.
Full refunds and release from any bingo/fundraising obligations will be given to anyone wishing to cancel their registration if notice in writing is given a minimum of one week before the start of the first class. A pro-rated refund less an administrative fee of $10.00 and Alberta Gymnastic Federation Fee will be given if written notice of cancellation is received prior to the start of the third scheduled class. No refunds will be given after the start of the third class for reasons other than illness (a doctor’s note must be submitted and refund is given from date note received).
Participants who withdraw after the start of the third class may or may not have their fundraising deposit returned (depends on whether fundraiser has started at time of withdrawing) but will still be expected to fulfill their bingo requirements to the club. Anyone registered in a class that is cancelled by the club is entitled to a full or prorated refund.
Competitive Program (includes pre-competitive)
- A trial period is given to all competitive athletes. This trial period is to ensure that the program is achieving the athlete’s goals as well as the coaching goals. September 30 is the deadline for leaving the program. Athletes will be evaluated by the coaching staff to ensure that the Competitive Program is where the athlete should be, as well this is the deadline to advise IF the program is not what your athlete wants. Please advise in written notice.
- Full refunds and release from any bingo/fundraising obligation will be given to anyone wishing to cancel their registration IF written notice is received within 2 weeks from the start of their first day of class.
- A prorated refund, less an administrative fee of $25.00, and Alberta Gymnastics Federation Fee will be given if written notice of cancellation is received prior to the end of the trial period.
- Athletes who withdraw may not have their fundraising or bingo deposit returned, as this fundraiser may have started. Parents will still be expected to fulfill their session bingo requirements to the Club.
- If withdrawing for any reason after September 30, other than medical (a doctor’s note must be submitted), one month’s written notice is required and only fees for the months after withdrawing will be refunded. No refunds for partial months.
- i.e. written notice given Feb. 1 for withdrawing March 1 – individual will receive March, April, and May fees back. If written notice received Feb. 1 for withdrawing Feb. 15, no refund given for the two weeks in Feb.
- Anyone registered in a class that is cancelled by the Club is entitled to a full or prorated refund.
- If withdrawing after September 30 date, you will be responsible for payment of the team bodysuit and jacket as they will have been ordered.