We at Leduc Kanata Gymnastics Club are excited to be re-opening soon, and we want to communicate to you the measures we have taken to ensure your child’s health and safety. In addition to adhering to all provincial guidelines (www.alberta.ca/BizConnect) we have also adopted the guidelines set by the Alberta Gymnastics Federation in their COVID-19 Return to Play Guidelines (www.abgym.ab.ca).
New Health & Safety Policies
- Class sizes have been minimized to ensure physical distancing.
Daily Screening Checklists will be completed prior to class for all our participants and any parents entering the building. The digital form can be found here or by typing in the link https://forms.gle/9d6Jb9QukbaWzwAq9
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing are mandatory, including hand sanitizing upon entering and leaving the building.
- All common spaces will be cleaned and fully sanitized between every cohort and at the end of every night.
- Masks will be worn by all coaches and staff. Masks are not required for participating athletes.
- Our water fountain has been disabled. Please ensure you bring enough of your own water from home to get through your class.
- We ask that any athlete who is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms do not attend class. Please contact your coach in advance. Please stay home and self-isolate if you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever
- Physical distancing must always be maintained during the duration of class. Any athlete who is unable to physically distance will have their parent or guardian contacted and will be asked to leave for the day.
- For the safety of our participants, there will be no viewing allowed for the Fall Session.
- Your coach will wave a sign out the front door with your class name and time on it when you are permitted to enter the building. Please arrive ten minutes prior to the start of class and wait outside or in your vehicle until you see the sign. Being early is necessary so we can complete all the necessary requirements prior to the start of class so this does not cut into training time.
- All participants will be asked to hand sanitize upon entering the building.
- A COVID-19 Screening Checklist must be completed by every individual entering our building.
- Please follow the directional arrows on the floor when necessary and stand on the circles in the lobby to wait for your coach.
- All belongings must be kept in a bag and placed in a cubby in the lobby. This includes all articles of clothing and personal belongings. Please bring a plastic bag with you.
- All participants must exit through the marked door closest to Hughes Carwash.
- Please have all guests arrive 15 minutes before the start of your party time. This will ensure enough time to complete all the necessary paperwork- waivers, daily screening, and child registry form.
- All guests must sanitize their hands upon entry to the building.
- All belongings must be kept in a bag and placed in the party room upstairs. This includes all articles of clothing and personal belongings. Please bring a plastic bag with you.
- Please be courteous of other party goers who may be coming in after your slotted time. We kindly ask that you try to have everyone out of the building within ten minutes of the end of your party.
- Masks do not need to be worn by participants in our “closed-door” party room.
In the event that an athlete shows signs or symptoms related to Covid-19, the following precautions will be taken:
- The athlete will be isolated to a closed room with a coach.
- We will call the parent of the athlete to come pick them up.
- A negative COVID-19 test will be required before returning to class.