December 13, 2020 UPDATE:
Leduc Kanata Gymnastics Club programs are currently PAUSED as per provincial directions prohibiting group physical activities (including team sports, fitness classes and training sessions). These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will be in place at least until January 12, 2021. Please check our Facebook page and website regularly for updates. We will see you in the New Year!>
In addition to adhering to all provincial guidelines (www.alberta.ca/BizConnect) we have also adopted the guidelines set by the Alberta Gymnastics Federation in their COVID-19 Return to Play Guidelines (www.abgym.ab.ca).
New Health & Safety Policies
- Class sizes have been minimized to ensure physical distancing.
The Screening Checklists will be completed once per session for all our participants or once per day for any parents entering the building. The digital forms can be found here.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing are mandatory, including hand sanitizing upon entering and leaving the building.
- All common spaces will be cleaned and fully sanitized between every cohort and at the end of every night.
- Masks will be worn by all coaches and staff. Masks are not required for participating athletes.
- Our water fountain has been disabled. Please ensure you bring enough of your own water from home to get through your class.
- We ask that any athlete who is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms do not attend class. Please contact your coach in advance. Please stay home and self-isolate if you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever
- Physical distancing must always be maintained during the duration of class. Any athlete who is unable to physically distance will have their parent or guardian contacted and will be asked to leave for the day.
- For the safety of our participants, there will be no viewing allowed for the Fall Session.
- Please arrive ten minutes prior to the start of class and wait outside by the red dots along the wall or in your vehicle until you see a coach by the door. Being early is necessary so we can complete all the requirements prior to the start of class so this does not cut into training time. Do not enter more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your class as we will be allowing entry to the class before yours.
- All participants will be asked to hand sanitize upon entering the building.
- A COVID-19 Screening Checklist must be completed by every individual entering our building.
- Please follow the directional arrows on the floor when necessary and stand on the circles in the lobby to wait for your coach.
- All belongings must be kept in a bag and placed in a cubby in the lobby. This includes all articles of clothing and personal belongings. Please bring a plastic bag with you.
- All participants must exit through the marked door closest to Hughes Carwash.
- Please have all guests arrive 15 minutes before the start of your party time. This will ensure enough time to complete all the necessary paperwork- waivers, daily screening, and child registry form.
- All guests must sanitize their hands upon entry to the building.
- All belongings must be kept in a bag and placed in the party room upstairs. This includes all articles of clothing and personal belongings. Please bring a plastic bag with you.
- Please be courteous of other party goers who may be coming in after your slotted time. We kindly ask that you try to have everyone out of the building within ten minutes of the end of your party.
- Masks do not need to be worn by participants in our “closed-door” party room.
In the event that an athlete shows signs or symptoms related to Covid-19, the following precautions will be taken:
- The athlete will be isolated to a closed room with a coach.
- We will call the parent of the athlete to come pick them up.
- A negative COVID-19 test will be required before returning to class.