Welcome to your Parent and Tot program. To enjoy your program we provide you with the following guidelines for the safety and enjoyment of yourself, your child and all other Kanata participants. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to talk to your coach or contact the office at 780-986-2627.
What should we wear?
- Comfortable clothing that stretches, nothing too baggy, shorts, sweats, t-shirt, no denim.
- Bare feet or specific gymnastics slippers.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry.
- Always hold your child just above the waist as this is where your child’s centre of gravity is.
- This position will leave hands and fee free to touch, grab, hold, climb and extend for balance.
Listen and follow your coach:
- Please follow your coach’s instruction to achieve the most enjoyment from your class.
- Parents should make every attempt to keep children on the same rotation and with their group at all times.
- Children should not be wandering off, if your child needs to use the washroom facilities or have a drink at the water fountain, please go with them. As well, please do not leave your child unattended in the gym or on an apparatus. This program is designed for parents and children to work together.